1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

If the business model is Rideshare why there are two destinations per day?

Discussion in 'Melbourne | Uber Drivers Forum' started by UberMernda, Sep 14, 2017.

Tags:
?

Would you believe that there should be unlimited destinations if Uber is a rideshare service?

1. Not sure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. YES

6 vote(s)
    85.7%
  3. NO

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Uber's business model (what they say to government) is rideshare.
    I do Uber when I go to work and back to home. Basically I am sharing my daily ride.
    That model works for me.

However there are drivers who do this as a taxi service. For them I doubt the income is enough.

Would you believe that there should be unlimited destinations if Uber is a rideshare service?

2. DriverX

DriverX Active Member

Definitely!

But then that would be too beneficial for drivers and help them pick and choose.... Uber cant have that.

3. Bases Loaded

Bases Loaded Member

The income was enough for a while, it isn't any longer. I reckon doing it more than 20 hours a week now is ridiculous.

Unfortunately, I haven't found another job yet, so in order to pay rent and feed myself, I'm still banging out 30+ hours per week.

Cold Gin likes this.
  4. Uberx zoom

Uberx zoom Well known member (founder)

5. Bases Loaded

Bases Loaded Member

I haven't received a trip request in Go Catch for over three weeks whilst it has been running alongside Uber, so I have deleted the app. Waste of my phone data and space.

6. skyco

skyco Active Member

As sad as this may be, Gocatch are currently the only viable alternative to Uber. They need drivers support to grow. Not sure where you drive but I do get 2 to 3 trip requests per week here in Melbourne normally around the CBD area. The payout is great when i do get them.

Try restarting the app, logout/login etc. Message them if still no go, maybe something is wrong with the account.

7. Bases Loaded

Bases Loaded Member

Dunno, just don't think enough people are using it at this point in time in Melbourne for it to be worthwhile for me to be juggling apps every time I get an uber request. I've done 3 trips in 2 months through GoCatch - hardly seems worth persisting with until it becomes more popular.

8. DriverX

DriverX Active Member

They don't seem to advertise much and that's a bit of a worry. How do they expect passengers to know about them?

9. Bases Loaded

Bases Loaded Member

My point exactly. I have mentioned it to a few passengers, and they are all very apprehensive to leave Uber.

10. skyco

skyco Active Member

Uber is a brand with very deep pockets. GoCatch seem to be going the wrong way about this whole thing, i see no brand building happening there. (???!!!)