1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Why is the tip option not as prevalent in Australia?

Discussion in 'Adelaide, Canberra | Uber Drivers Forum' started by TheK1ng, Jun 7, 2018.

1. After a recent trip to the U.S I discovered that on the customer app over there, once the trip is completed, first you will rate the driver, then the next option is to tip the driver. I know tipping is not as much of a social norm here in Australia, but is there any harm in this becoming an option? It would definitely increase the number of tips you receive and thus providing extra incentive to work. I have emailed Uber and am waiting on a response from them but would like to know your thoughts...

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  2. Little Red Corvette

Little Red Corvette New Member

I think it would be a great idea. I've had 3 riders on 3 different trips give me tips in the past (each of the 3 riders were from the USA).

3. Jason

Jason Member

Totally different Economy in the US, most workers are on as low as $9 a hour.
    It's a bit like a hidden 5stars, most worker's there work there ass off to please to get there tips.
    It's simply not how Australia works. Would you send your son or daughter to work somewhere, just to suck upto that pressure to make an exrta buck.
    Not likely and Tips sound great, but it's just simply not like that.

4. Jason

Jason Member

He'll nook to tips. Pay rise and change the rules