1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Uber drivers protest ‘fake’ surge prices [Courier Mail]

Discussion in 'Brisbane | Uber Drivers Forum' started by Uberx zoom, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Uberx zoom

Uberx zoom Well known member (founder)

2. UBER drivers around Australia are accusing Uber of misleading them through the use of alleged fake surge areas.

Multiple screenshots and complaints have been posted on various social media sites by drivers from Brisbane to Perth with claims that a surge area – where the number of waiting passengers outweighed the number of available Uber cars in the area — turned out to be a dud.
    I drive in the tweed heads area and seem to be consistently encounter fake surges . If any other drivers out there are encountering the same issues and would like to band together with collecting there surge information via screen shots ect ect i am working on building enough evidence of the happening to be able to address this issue with a legal authority to properly address the situation with uber and expose them for this surge issue . The more drivers i can get to join in with current proof then the more chance we possibly have about having legal help and the get uber to react instead of just hoping that they can sweep this problem under the rug and just keep hiding behind closed doors .
    so any body with information and that would be interested in doing this please feel free to contact me Glenn Innes @ bikehitcher@live.com .
    Thank you all regards Glenn