1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

UberX Taxis

Discussion in 'Sydney | Uber Drivers Forum' started by Pippo, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Pippo

Pippo Member

I wonder how many taxis turn up as uber X and if they do a X trip or taxi. I am pretty confident that most of the queue at the domestic airport are taxis. Are they just effin us up or are they accepting X rides ?

2. Syd-Uberer

Syd-Uberer New Guest Member

I think the large queue is mainly Ubers dropping off pax, then just ending up in the queue and taking 5+ mins to get out of the queue.

I think there would rarely be over 30 genuine drivers waiting. When they queue is very high I've found it moves pretty quickly till it gets to the 20-30 point.

Then it depends on demand. So that would tell me it's drivers who drop off and have no intention of waiting. Just trying to escape the geo fence.

3. Theres all kinds of mayhem going on at the airport queue from ghost drivers like you said just using up a number in the queue to inflate its congestion to those ghost riders who make fake requests to pull a driver out (you get to go back in, but only 3-4 rider cancels i think before you are out - unless its changed now) only to cancel a few mins later. then you have the priority system (ever noticed you have lost ground while in the queue?), well thats because someone has bumped ahead of you. its only a small part of the general way things work there.

4. eXploitation

eXploitation Active Member

Airport lots and queues have provided another world of pain, angst and teeth gnashing everywhere - total clusterfucks
    Same as for taxi if u ever did that - so nothing new to see here folks

More facepalms allround