1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

[11/5/2017] Open Letter to Uber GM in Victoria. Mr. Lucas Groeneveld.

Discussion in 'Melbourne | Uber Drivers Forum' started by Uberx zoom, May 4, 2017.

1. Uberx zoom

Uberx zoom Well known member (founder)

Hi Lucas,

By now you probably know quite well RSDU's position on them so called "round table meetings", which presumably have been going on for "sometime now" in Victoria.

Some of our member drivers have been reporting receiving emails lately informing them about such recent meetings, how great they are and how members of the round table "brain storm" together and have a great time...

One cannot help but ask how is it possible that our pitiful, unsustainable base rates here in Victoria have never been "brain stormed" in any of those previous meetings?.. almost a year now?... when poor exploitative base rates are our members number one complaint(!!?)

Who are the drivers seating at those "meetings"? ...full time drivers?...part time drivers?... infrequent drivers?... who elect them?... and who exactly do they represent except for themselves?

Hence the RSDU position on those so called close doors "round table meetings". We feel they are just a show. Nothing but a good joke and media lip service. Uber's insistence on continuing to insult drivers' intelligence is simply mind boggling.

Here is my suggestion. How about running an open forum "round table meeting" here where members can talk freely without having to worry about exposing themselves and being deactivated.

I am happy to let this open forum discussion run here. Please feel free to register with this forum and PM me once you are ready.

Max

P.S.
    I know that you or members of your staff visit us frequently.

Last edited: May 7, 2017
    eXploitation likes this.
  2. skyco

skyco Active Member

Hi, i drive for uber between 30-40 hours every week. Almost two years now.

My main compliant is about the current very low base rates. My car is due for a service soon (brakes included) and i just dont make enough money with Uber lately to cover those costs, the earnings are just not like they used to be, no matter how many hours i try and put. I am running at a loss after paying my GST, fuel, tolls, services and major repairs, not to mention car depreciation, accounting, cleaning, water, mints, phone data, etc.

We used to have more surges back at the old days. Now they are few far and in between... one can no longer count on surge to offset some of the losses.

Uber needs to lift the base rates immediately. We can talk about all the rest later. Base rates UP first!

happy drivers = happy passengers

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
    Tiger likes this.
  3. Tiger

Tiger New Member

I agree with Skyco well said . Current affairs and the public are awaiting for some information about ,slavery pay for the Uber drivers in Melbourne . There is a new kid on the block . There called Hi Oskar , maybe they can shake things up a bit ? Australian company

skyco and Uberx zoom like this.
  4. HumungousDill

HumungousDill Active Member

Sorry but I know that anything I say on here will not be listened to by Uber, let alone have any chance of ever being acted upon. I hope your company will one day be held to account for the unethical and disgraceful way you operate and treat/use your "partners"

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
    admin likes this.
  5. eXploitation

eXploitation Active Member

and that might be one reason they have stopped calling them 'partners' for starters lol

admin likes this.