1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Stops that are not booked through the app

Discussion in 'Perth | Uber Drivers Forum' started by Busselton Driver, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Busselton Driver

Busselton Driver New Member

Hi Guys and Girls
    Can anyone of you share your thoughts about the following

I have this customer who always ask me to drop off his friend on the way.
    The problem is his friend lives about 3km out of the route to the destination. Therefore I end up driving about 6km more than the ride he has requested.

I asked him repeatedly to add a stop in the app but he refused and told me I get paid for the extra 6km (approximately) I drive.

Is this true or is he being a cheeky tightass ?

2. coolair

coolair Member

No this is not true and Uber are unlikely to pay you for the extra kilometers. Tell the passenger it's a new feature, he must add a stop or look for another ride.

3. Busselton Driver

Thank you for your reply coolair. I have written to Uber and awaiting their reply. I will post the reply if they do.
    I am a bit afraid to confront him because he is a bit drunk when he get in the car at the pub.
    I hope there is a way to block him.

coolair likes this.
  4. coolair

coolair Member

Yes you can block him by rating him 1 star (Uber said that's all it takes). If you still get the same rider than ask uber (via support) to never match you with him again.

5. Busselton Driver

Thank you very much for that info.
    next time I take a ride with him I will rate him one star.

I have also received a reply from Uber.
    I have tried to attach a screenshot of the email I received from them.
    Thank you again for helping me

Attached Files: