1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

A very Anti-Driver passenger

Discussion in 'Melbourne | Uber Drivers Forum' started by Riders Champion, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Riders Champion

Riders Champion Well-Known Member

If I said anything negative it got turned around against me.

I said there are red light camera traps around Sydney where the yellow light changes 1-2 seconds earlier than it should for that speed zone. Easy to get done by accident.

Pax: "...well you should be stopping on yellow lights anyway."

Then I said about all the accidents I have been seeing where cars suddenly stop due to the light change, and that it is not a natural flow of traffic and thus causes a pile up 3-4 cars down.

Pax: "... those cars aren't leaving an adequate gap between the car infront so its their own fault"

So then I went on to point out that if you leave that three second gap you get cut constantly and get aggression from the car behind for being too slow.

It went on and on and on. Didn't let her get away with that attitude that places all the blame onto the driver.

We are not slaves, servants or bottom-feeders.

I was fed up with the Uber-CEO-video mentality where self-riteous, rule-book-bashing, entitled passengers have the nerve to criticise and lecture us.

This isn't self pity. We are just pointing out what a tough gig this is and some respect would be nice.

She started it by saying how I must be loving all the extra money that I'm making doing this. *TRIGGER ALERT*

Oh please, this is my only job and it's barely making ends meet.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
    mule and skyco like this.
  2. skyco

skyco Active Member

I do get one of those sometimes. Very negative, very entitled pax. They would normally have low(ish) rating or a very bad day.

I normally stop talking to them after the first wrong response. When/if it becomes too much i then stop my car in a safe place and nicely inform them that this ride is now over and that i would like them to get the fuck out of my car. 1 star them and file a report.

Most riders are great and i love my customers. But you do get one of those jerks about once per month.

Riders Champion likes this.
  3. Riders Champion

I posted this thread here because it seemed pretty dead on the Sydney forum. Will try to make sure I don't bring any Sydney-specific content across. Like keep it to generic things that we can all relate to!

What kind of camera technology is used in Victoria?

Hamish Solomons likes this.
  4. Moober68

Moober68 Active Member

Road safety kind? Flintstone style mostly.
    White flash, inductive loops.... sort of thing.

5. Riders Champion

Sort of like from the driver's perspective.

Red light fine
    Speeding fine
    Bus lane fine
    Mobile phone use fine (this is being developed to be able to look almost vertically straight down a windscreen to see if a driver is texting with their phone held in their hand, under the steering wheel, on their lap or elsewhere hidden - not in plain sight to another motorist)