1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Cappuccino Strip Fremantle

Discussion in 'Perth | Uber Drivers Forum' started by HumungousDill, Jun 20, 2017.

1. HumungousDill

HumungousDill Active Member

Be aware that the police are targetting Uber drivers who stop to pick up or set down pax in the Cappuccino strip. I was pulled over and issued a warning in their system, meaning that if I'm seen doing it again I will receive an infringement notice and fine etc.
    The cop said they are getting fed up with Uber drivers "obstructing traffic" and that we should use the side roads instead.

2. Traveller

Traveller New Member

Thank you for the warning HumungousD.... I have to say that having driven around Northbridge and other such crowded streets, the Taxi drivers sit in queues on the sides of the roads, without their indicators on, blocking the flow of traffic on a regular basis.

A question for you, or anyone else, now that UBER Drivers are considered to be taxis by the ATO, does that mean we can use the taxi ranks and also drive in the bus lanes? The payment of GST, the UBER Commission and tax on the remainder would suggest we might have the same options!

HumungousDill likes this.
  3. Aujezza

Aujezza Member

This question was raised on that other site some time ago and apparently the answer is no to all of the above!
    We are taxis for all fund raising purposes only!
    I believe Lui actually contacted the DOT.

4. Uberx zoom

Uberx zoom Well known member (founder)

Currently we are taxis for tax purposes only. Its a question Uber should raise with the various road authorities really. May require special markings for Uber cars though.

5. HumungousDill

HumungousDill Active Member

Yes the taxi drivers are shockers the way they just sit in the road, in Murray street when the night clubs close too.