1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Documentation

Discussion in 'Perth | Uber Drivers Forum' started by Traveller, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Traveller

Traveller New Member

I, like many of my fellow Partners, received a request from UBER to update a document and the document had to be a 'certified copy'. Having posted what I thought they wanted, I was advised otherwise, so I asked for an example of what they wanted. To be fair, Uber provided the example and told me how to access it on the D O T website. Surprise surprise, the document did not exist on the D O T website, so I sat for nearly an hour on the phone waiting for the D O T to answer and finally got hold of David who was very helpful indeed.

David at D O T told me that there was no such document and that the department had received many calls from Uber drivers asking for the same document. David then told me that the D O T had told Uber days before that they would not issue such a document and what existed on the D O T website now was all that they would get.

The disappointment here is that the local Uber office is not up to speed with these issues and the hours I spend finding the answer to inform Uber, I don't get paid for.

2. HumungousDill

HumungousDill Active Member

I too was told by On demand Transport in Brown Street that they had stopped issuing certified copies of the Omnibus licence as of 4th Jan 2017. I think this was in response to the huge numbers of such requests coming in.
    I was told to show Uber a screenshot from DOT online, but I havent yet tried this.
    Over the years I have realised that its a waste of time trying to download any documentation to Uber. Its always best to sort it out direct with the Muppets if you want to minimise downtime.

3. Traveller

Traveller New Member

The 'DOT - Direct' screenshot works and is accepted by UBER. Driving in to see them is time wasting and I am tired of their one liner, 'thank you for reaching out'. Moreover, I find their attitude patronising when they tell you how to deal with Riders when I am twice their age......

4. HumungousDill

I have lost quite a few days trying to get reactivated by doing things online. But if it works for you why not.

5. HumungousDill

DOT have now relented and are sending certified copies to all holders of an Omnibus licence by email. No need to apply, it should already be in your IN box.