1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Driver rating 3.8, recently out of gaol and not taking his meds

Discussion in 'Sydney | Uber Drivers Forum' started by Riders Champion, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Riders Champion

Riders Champion Well-Known Member

This is what my rider told me last night about her driver that morning.

I told her he wouldn't be allowed to drive for us if he had been in gaol. So he must have lied or be using someone elses account.

She went on to say how uncomfortable she was when he volunteered information about stopping his meds, that he had ADHD, and that he liked taking dex (the drug speed).

My first thought was that this driver was just making up stories to get a reaction from the rider.

But then why was his rating so low?

Anyway, this rider said she was too scared to give him a bad rating because he knew where she lived.

I then recalled the waybill issue where it shows you the first initial of the rider's surname as well.

So I asked this rider for it - as I didn't want to attempt to find it while driving (if it was even possible at that time).

I then showed her how easy it is to be traced by typing her first name and initial of her surname into facebook.

Only three hits surfaced and she was one of them. She was horrified.

I told her that she should change her name on her Uber account or on facebook. Either way, they should not match!

She thanked me very graciously and we left it at that.

I however was fuming after I had dropped her off. It pisses me off that I have to share pings with dodgy pricks like that driver.

Lift your game Uber, and stop misuse of the platform by both drivers and riders!!

wasabi, eXploitation and Cold Gin like this.