1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

How satisfied are you driving for Uber? [Survey - please vote]

Discussion in 'Perth | Uber Drivers Forum' started by DriverX, Mar 23, 2017.

?

How satisfied are you driving for Uber?

1. Very satisfied

2. Somewhat satisfied

3. Not satisfied!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. DriverX

DriverX Active Member

It's enough to take a pick at the constant 120+ drivers at the airport to understand the level of market saturation. And guess what, they now advertise everywhere (billboards, tv, radio) trying to get even more drivers. Why wouldn't they, workforce is cheap as chips when a company doesn't have to pay any fair work entitlements...

eXploitation likes this.
  2. KawanaPete

KawanaPete New Member

I disagree with this comment, i am over 60 but i really would like oober to pay a better income. I don't get any pension or other payments.
    I agree there are far to many oober drivers on the road.
    I think the strike didn't get any response that i can see anywhere. I actually participated.
    Also drivers need to take a different attitude. most i pass on the road just glare at you as if your the competition. I look at them as fellow work mates. Having to suffer them whims of oober.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2017
    Aujezza likes this.
  3. eXploitation

eXploitation Active Member

Are you a retiree though?
    You sound like you might need a job if you need an income
    This definitely wont do it and at any age racking up lots of goober kays is one of the worst things for your health as studies of sitting especially driving have proven
    To expand on UZ's belief goobering is a not bad way of writing off car purchases using 80% claim for say 30% actual goobering
    Makes a new car purchase doable for a retireree who may have punitive earnings and tax and pension/super thresholds where effectively all the goober income is offset on car costs
    Thanks to pitiful earnings in this space very easy to do

Did i ever explain in my case once upon a time that for every dollar i did NOT earn or claim back i made a dollar ten from big brother?

"Believe it or not" - Ripley

Uberx zoom likes this.
  4. eXploitation

eXploitation Active Member

As to 'so called' strikes i am not seeing or hearing any other efforts to take on poobears in a serious way

To passively aggressively have a go at an organisation or individual who is putting out opportunities for doing so sound sour and even might be construed as subterfuge

Uberx zoom likes this.
  5. Uberx zoom

Uberx zoom Well known member (founder)

We are proud to say that the strike brought much more attention to our issues and most importantly made the 2nd largest rideshare operator in Australia respond, take the lead and announce uniform country wide sustainable base rates. An amazing achievement by itself. This was a direct result of our strike, GoCatch made no secret of it (see below a message they've sent to all their drivers two days after our strike was announced).

We believe that helping GoCatch gain more market share is now in every driver's best interest. GoCatch is an Aussie company, they charge only 15% commission and price their base fares in a 'fair to all' manner.

It is the RSDU view that GoCatch's new base rates offer an excellent deal for drivers and sits well with RSDU's stated mission of looking after drivers' best intrests. We intend to start helping GoCatch reach more drivers and riders from this point on, and we call on all drivers to help support them as well.

gocatch.JPG

GoCatch-Price-Change-Announcment.jpg

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
  6. Uberx zoom

Uberx zoom Well known member (founder)

Perhaps you can tell us what YOU did to help ensure the strike was a success?

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
  7. KawanaPete

KawanaPete New Member

No i am not a retiree
    But i have owned my car for 3 years previous to oobering. so i guess you can have a go at me
    I just don't like people categorising others into specific groups.
    And also my partner has a job... if you want to think i am only oobering for pleasure.. That is your choice

8. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

No one is having ago at anyone around here. Lets keep the discussion friendly and civilised please. Thank you.

9. 6 weeks in and it's all ok. still learning a lot and looking at different strategies etc. can see a lot of the issues and working out how I can improve my gains and minimum my risks. Been reading most of these forums, which I started doing during my sign up. (yes I still did it)
    but thanks for some valuable information, even though sometimes you have to physically go through it for yourself to get the full experience, I think the knowledge learnt here has enabled me to accept it for what it is, keep moving and try to apply different strategies.
    Still early days so let's see if I find a comfort zone.

Uberx zoom likes this.