1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

MANDURAH: To drive or not to drive for $77 fare

Discussion in 'Perth | Uber Drivers Forum' started by Banker Pete, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Banker Pete

Banker Pete New Guest Member

5:00am I accepted a ride from airport to Halls Head albeit my pax was a set of keys. Easy job I thought, no pax to entertain, no traffic, surely able to get a ride back to Perth in the early morning rush.
    How wrong could I be. Mandurah was a ghost town even at 8:00am requiring an empty ride back to civilisation.
    Never again. Mandurah (and Rockingham for that matter) are now “no go” zones for me.
    Any other “no go” zones?

2. Traveller

Traveller New Member

I did one to San Remo from the city a few weeks back, at around $85 and did not pick anyone up on my return leg until I got to Cockburn. Still, $77 is not bad at around $35 an hour!!!

3. HumungousDill

HumungousDill Active Member

Coming back empty or partially empty from a long distance trip is always going to be a problem, but sometimes 50% of something plus increased dead kms and dead time are acceptable if there's not much going on elsewhere and you have tbe time to do it.
    I usually regret accepting those.

eXploitation likes this.
  4. Derek

Derek New Member

You have the right to ask for a fee to bring you back into civilization. I recently picked up a couple of guys going to Eaton (close to Bunbury). I told them up front they will need to pay me extra to bring me back. I received $155 from Uber and got $50 in cash, I probably should have asked for more. All I got on the way back to the airport was a $10 Uber Eats in Success.

I have brought this up with Uber early on after I joined being an ex taxi driver we were entitled to charge extra for out of metro area jobs. Uber said I am not obliged to accept the trip and it's up to me what I work out with the rider. If Uber was smart they would have a mechanism in the trip to charge extra to pay the driver for his/her fuel and time to get back to the edge of the metro area.

5. Jason

Jason Member

I got an Airport run down to Mandurah a couple days ago.
    Got out of there as fast as I could. I could not believe it, in such a small place.
    There was 13 cars around. Anyone making $5 a day down there? Lol

eXploitation likes this.
  6. belleabups

belleabups New Guest Member

Hello i am new user and i would to ask you, How to disable avatar?

7. Traveller

Traveller New Member

You must be LOGGED in and once you have done that, Double Click on the NO AVATAR logo which will then open to a new page......take it from there ;)