1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Set Destination Hack

Discussion in 'Sydney | Uber Drivers Forum' started by Riders Champion, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Riders Champion

Riders Champion Well-Known Member

I set my set destination this morning as my HOME ADDRESS with an arrival time as the maximum allowed (one hour).

... as I was leaving home!

What this did was to give me an abundance of short trips in my area, mostly passengers going to the nearest train station.

It's a useful tool if you just want to kill an hour of your time and not be taken too far away.

2. Uberx zoom

Uberx zoom Well known member (founder)

I often do the same when i'm near the end of a "shift" and want to remain in the area untill a certain threshold is reached.

The filter is a great tool i just wish they allow at least 4 filter trips a day.

Saul Goodman likes this.
  3. Riders Champion

A lot of drivers have mentioned the 4 filters a day as most full-time drivers operate on a split shift day.

Uberx zoom likes this.
  4. Uberx zoom

Uberx zoom Well known member (founder)

Correct.

Kind of stupid of Uber not to offer it really as many drivers simply switch off while repositioning once they run out of filter trips.

5. Riders Champion

I think it is better to stay online, because it seems that (in Sydney) from what I see, the pings are shared across the online driver pool with an hourly gross rate of around $30-35 per hour (so something like $18 in reality).

So by staying online you can use up "dead-quota-time" while repositioning.

And if you get a ping, accept it and just ignore it. Pax will cancel when they see you going well off course, they can't rate you - so it's all good.

6. Syd-Uberer

Syd-Uberer New Guest Member

Interesting, I'll have to try that! I wonder if it'll give you highest priority in the local area for the hour!

I've done the accept and just keep driving trick, mostly when I've just gone past a turn off that would have made a 2 Min ping and it's suddenly become a 12 minute pick up!

Did one while on the M4 last night. Pinged just as I passed Homebush Bay drive, I wasn't doing a 7Km loop to get to the pax!

Riders Champion likes this.
  7. Riders Champion

Those motorway ones are ridiculous!
    M4 did that to me also in that area. A Concord West pick up (potentially an Uber employee from HO!)

Syd-Uberer likes this.
  8. Syd-Uberer

I got a ping from Uber HQ once, when I got close the idiot cancelled. They're probably just playing games. I was happy not to have an uber employee in my car!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2017
    Uberx zoom likes this.
  9. Riders Champion

Could have been a new driver waiting to be served?

10. Syd-Uberer

Shit, I should proof read my posts before submitting! Probably staff testing something!

11. Riders Champion

You can edit your posts too..

Syd-Uberer likes this.
  12. Fetching Is Fun

Fetching Is Fun New Member

Wonder when they'll have set destinations in all uber areas?

13. Syd-Uberer

Tried it last night, maximum time was 45 minutes and no pings in 15 minutes.

Were you driving around with it set or standing still?

Did each trip take you closer to home or some were further away but still in the nearby area?

Interesting that it allows this, I tried it a while ago and it sold I need to pick a further away destination, but now it doesn't have that message.

14. Riders Champion

I never stand still because sometimes I find it doesn't get trips when on set destination. Could just be chance though..

15. Riders Champion

With the new times, if you give yourself an hour to get to a place only 15min away, then you can theoretically be taken 15min in the opposite direction and still make it on time

Elepante Nathan likes this.
  16. and then what if unforeseen traffic suddenly appears? then you run late.