1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Uber Is Feeling The Competition Pinch, Enticing Drivers With Fake Surge!

Discussion in 'Melbourne | Uber Drivers Forum' started by Uberx zoom, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Uberx zoom

Uberx zoom Well known member (founder)

Drivers in Melbourne have been reporting an increase in the appearance of “fake” surges. The entry of heavy weight ride share operators into the market has definitely increased the demand for drivers’ time and attention.

While new ride share operators motivate drivers by special ‘no commission’ hours or daily ride completion bonuses, Uber seems to have chosen more misleading tactics, cheating their drivers into taking Uber jobs, enticing them with ‘fake surges’.

The idea behind Uber’s surge pricing is to adjust prices of rides to match driver supply to rider demand at any given time. During periods of excessive demand when there are many more riders than drivers, or when there aren’t enough drivers on the road and passenger waiting times are long, Uber increases its normal fares by a surge multiplier.

Uber drivers are being visually notified via the app of surging areas, being enticed to drive to these areas with... [Click here to read the full article]

Full article:
    http://ridesharedriversunited.com/u...ition-pinch-enticing-drivers-with-fake-surge/

2. Greg Bartlett

Greg Bartlett New Member

I have been to Mel AP waiting bay this Saturday and Sunday after dropping of there and chose to stay (not something I normally do) because things were quiet in general.

I was amazed to find that the AP was in a surge of above 1.5.

The only issue was that to successfully pick up a request you would need to have an ASIC federal clearance and be allowed to pick up from the middle of the AP on the main runway.

If this is not proof of fake surge, then what is?

Uberx zoom likes this.